Sunday, May 01, 2005

lack of connection

properly. The main road in town that is aside my house has been under some heavy construction the last couple of weeks and I think they had cut my line. That telephone line is not so terrible important it self as a line for my speakers telephone but it is for the Internet. Now in the middle of Saturday evening night I have no idea of what to do at all since there is no Internet here any more. This is actually written in MS Word for Door or something (was it perhaps word for windows or word for stairs? … who cares? I don’t… have any one heard of that Bill Gates?) So I have to post this blog when I come to work tomorrow. Yes, on Sunday… working on Sundays is a bad thing but I some times do it anyway.

To night I went to Jon Bjarni, one of the fellows that climbed Kilimanjaro with me last month. Well, last month if it is still April. Part of the group came there and watched together a tv program showing some Icelanders climbing that same mountain. It was interesting to see how it was for them. When watching that program I realised how great my team was on the mountain. They in the tv program where 5 people but we were 8 in my group. They more or less walked as 5 individuals but in my group we walked there as an 8 person group. Always together and if anyone was wrong there were always 7 friends for help.

After the program ended we discussed what to do next. And we more or less decided that the next project for the group would be in South-America. There is a mountain called Aconcagua and we have to climb it. We have not decided yet when it will be but we are talking about January / February next year (2006) or year 2007. We have to make the final decision late summer this year. But we will do it I’m sure.

I went to Jon Bjarni on my bike and managed to bike home after several biers. On my way I think I met one girl / woman I think I could like a lot. She recognised me but I didn’t recognise her until to late. But I have to talk to here as a part of business next Monday and then I can ask her if I actually met her. She lives in same street as I do but her home is more downtown than mine.

But now I’m at home without an Internet, looking through a photography book: “The Family of Man”. One of my favourites and which I bought in 1987, Wow that’s almost 20 years ago. I must be old!

No comments: