Friday, December 10, 2010

The cold days

Winter is just one of the great seasons you can have.

On cold ice

My bike on The Pool in Reykjavik


I love the winter. Cold days, dim light, wool sweaters, snow, ski tours and everything. I love that all. But not to cold. The first days in this week was almost to cold for my opinion. It is not to good to take much to cold air in to the lungs. I you do that you can get cold. At least I can.

Anna Maria walking to mt Keilir

Anna Maria before the walk to Keilir, and you can see the small mountain in the left hand side of the photo


On Sunday I went with Anna Maria yes the girlfriend to the small mountain Keilir. That was just great walking tour. We started in the afternoon around 2 o'clock and had to drive some distance to get there and then walk to the mountain. So we were on the top of the mountain around 5 o'clock and at that time the last light of day was disappearing! We had to walk back in the darkness. But of course we were expecting this and had lights with us.

It was I would say too cold on Monday but on Tuesday I went downtown on my bike and did one thing spectacular. I biked on The Pool in center of Reykjavik. With the studded tyres under my bike. Flat surface and great to bike on!

No comments: