Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Family gathering

WARNING: This blog entry could be rather boring for people to read but I think someone could like the photo


A new beard on an old man

The beard of my uncle Ásgeir

I very seldom meet my family, that is the relatives of my parents but that happened last Thursday at my parents home. There have always to be a reason for people to meet each other - at least in my family. The reason this time was that one of few cousins in my father's family was in Iceland. She lives in Denmark and has been there for many years and when she is in Iceland there you could say you had a reason for a party or what you call it.

My father's siblings were there almost all. That is his two sisters living in Reykjavik and his brother with the great beard. Funny when people around 80 years old start to change their appearance as my uncle Ásgeir did. Two of them are in good condition but not one of the sisters that has got Alzheimer disease. It was strange and sad when she thought she had never been at my parents home before and also had to ask where her own daughter was living. This disease is in the gens of the family but only females have got it as far as i know so I'm perhaps safe but not all my relatives. I just hope for a remedy before too late.

I had my camera with me and wanted to take photos of the family, since I never know when I'm meeting them all for the last time. I were just able to take a few photos of the beard of my uncle and even fewer of my aunts when some people started to argue over my photography. I just hate that kind of an attitude. I was perhaps taking the last photos I could take of this people and people were just complaining and criticising me as some paparazzi!

Famly gathering

My two aunts and my cousin

No comments: