Sunday, February 09, 2003

There is time for everything

It’s very nice to have separate time for everything. And now is the season of birthdays. It began the 20th of January when my mother had a birthday and it will end on my birthday, February the 17th if you don’t know it already. I believe that people born under the stars of Aquarius are usually quite funny odd folks that I usually like a lot, so it is not a bad arrangement. And this weekend only I had three birthday parties.

Friday evening was a great party when my friend and coworker, Stina became somewhat older than yesterday (yes she is now 30, who can believe that. I thought she was just 5 or 8 as I am!). It was a great party. Both meeting my coworker she invited and came to the party and her friends that I had never met before I think. Well actually I had seen some of theirs blogs. It seems to me that Stina has rather “bloggish” friends as you can read on her blog page. Well I think you have already read that since most of my visitors are coming from her page.

The party began a bit slowly. The first half of the party had never seen the other half. And the other half was growing rapidly but after a few drinks people was talking all over the place. I think I had always someone to talk to. At least I could talk to the deaf forest cat. No just kidding. I think I talked all the time so fast that nobody could understand what I was trying to say. I just talked to the cat because I like cats as most animals. And since the cat was deaf I mostly spoke with him with my hands. I kind of liked that and then he liked me and I also kind of liked him so we instantly became friends. And to confirm that he bate me in the finger.

Since it was much to drink, everybody (or I hope that) became rather drunk. Some became more drunk than others and on Saturday (the terrible day after) I decided to drink never again. Today this promise changed to “drink never so much again”.

That change of promise was somehow related to the fact that I had to go to another birthday party to day. One of my aunts became 75 years old. And she had the party of her life. She lives on the 12th floor of one of the highest buildings in Reykjavik and have along with her sister bought most of the apartments on the 12th floor of this buildings. If someone in Reykjavik is becoming curious then I can tell you this is one of the three Austurbrun buildings. Well the party was in five of the six apartments, all doors open between the apartments and champagne flooding everywhere. Those aunts I have are among the most extraordinary people I have met or even heard about. They are actually three of them, sisters of my father. Born on a very small farm in the northern part of the country. Lived in a turf house the first 20 years of their lives. One of them moved to America 50 years a go but is now living in Austurbrun as well as Washington DC. One of them has worked most of her live in the American embassy in Reykjavik (that was the one having the birthday). The third one married an engineer who is dead now. All of them are some kind of a cosmopolitans.

No comments: