Friday, January 28, 2005

about something else

I'm always trying to satisfy those needs of mine about creativity by taking some photographs. One evening this week I vent to a cemetery to take some photos. I was thinking about a dpchallenge competition about light and did plan to capture a light in the cemetery at night. I don't think the photos will do anything but perhaps the brown ribbon on dpchallenge but they are scary enough to be good as they are. Here are two of them.
cemetary in reykjavik
A cemetery at night
I'll perhaps post more of them in my fotolog.

I wasn't particularly afraid of all the ghosts there since most people buried there died long time ago. But I was afraid since it is a dark place close to the centre of the city and all kind of people can be there. And that people isn't necessary nice people. Can be all kind of junkies or some crazy people.

But unfortunately I didn't see anyone there. Neither they were dead or alive.


That cemetery is a matter of a fact one of my favourites places in Reykjavik to take photographs. I think this one here is about 20 years old.
that cemetery in reykjavik 20 years ago
Later on I made a charcoal drawing of that photo.
cemetery 20 years ago
The drawing is from year 2001 I think. I wonder if I should keep on drawing. My mother says I should go to art school. Should I?



>

No comments: