Saturday, January 15, 2005

Shit happens as someone said and was fired or what?

One week ago there was a great party where I work. We had a big new years celebration with the costumers of the company where I work. After the party with the costumers I went with some peple from work (which I like a lot) and also some of the costumers (which I also like a lot and have known as a nice persons for several years and even for longer time than I have been working where I am working)

Well after a while everyone got drunk and I was not the best one. After that I was walking from one pub to another and fell down and on my other side and I'm afraid I broke a ribbon or something. I'm still not good which is bad since I was practicing 5-7 times a week for the Kilimanjaro trip in March. But I think I will go to the gym again tomorrow but I have to go slowly!

But anyhouse.

Today was beautiful weather. Temperature has been above zero now for couple of days so it was not so cold at all. But Ice and snow still everywhere. I went out in my car to take some photos. I drove outside of the town (Reykjavik) to a little lake called Hafravatn where I saw three guys fishing and they were from Russia of all places. They didn't speak any Icelandic and almost no English neither. Since my Russian is as poor as their Icelandic I couldn't speak to them but I think it was ok to take some photos.
HafravatnFishing on Hafravatn

I also saw that guy flying over the lake. I think I would like to do that!
flying

Those photos were not as good as I was hoping for. I had the idea of sending them to the biggest newspaper in Iceland. But I think they are not good enough for that. Long time ago when I was in college (or you would perhaps call it high school) I was used to sell that newspaper photos that were mostly from life at school. Then most people who knew me thought I would be a photographer. When I meet people now from that time that I haven't met for a ling time they sometimes get surprised when they hear that I "just" went to a university and became an engineer and is working at a computer company.

No comments: