Monday, January 24, 2005

Lets party and have fun!

Last Saturday I went to friends of mine because they were having a kind of a party at their house. It was great. If there have to be a reason for everything, purpose or something, then the reason and purpose for the party was to meet one of our friends that lives now in Africa. He is working there for the UN for the peace there. I'm sure he is doing a great job!

Since one other friends got a new questionnaire game last Christmas we played it in the party. It was a great fun although I didn't win the game. That was okay since the game was all about pop music and I don't know as much as all my friends know about pop music. I know more about other things anyway. If anyon reading this bullshit knows about Icelandic TV programs, then the game is called "Popppunktur" and is based on a popular TW show with the same name.

As in all good parties some of us got a little bit drunk. The reason for that was firstly the bear I drank. Then it was the red wine I drank and finally it was all the whiskey I drank. But that was okay since it was a good 12 years old whiskey and that can only do you good.

The party was in a new house and the African guy didn't know it properly and when he opened one door and walk through it he was in the air falling down where the balcony will be in the future. Well he didn't hurt himself since he fell only one or two meters and he is also fully trained soldier.

Well it was fun anyway. I had my tiny camera with me and took some pictures showing part of the fun.



Popppunktur
In the beginning there was that game, Popppuntur...

partý
...and everyone was playing. The guy in the black jacket was in my team. I don't understand why we didn't win the game since he knows everything about pop music. Well it came clear that evening that some other know even more!


lukkuhjólið
This is the lucky disk that gave us a great luck in the game...


Snorri desperat

But the timing wasn't as good as Snorri thought!

Snorri lögga
And he gave it a closer look.
raggi ekki desperat
But me myself was semi cool all evening.

Yes it was the time of that night!


But now talking seriously:
I told the friend from Africa I plan to go there in two months from now. He is actually in Liberia that is on the west coast of Africa. I'll be on the east coast but at similar degree of latitude as Liberia I think. He told me some bad stories about malaria and other sickness I could have there. He knew one guy who became ill on Thursday one week. He went to a doctor next Saturday but that was too late. The malaria had become in his brain and was dead next Sunday.

So if feel something strange happening to me in Africa I have to go to a doctor immediately I think. I don't want that malaria in my brain and I don't want to die in Africa.

No comments: