Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Perhaps I should stop drinking... coffee

It is no good. Last couple of nights I woke up at 5 AM. Last night I was laying in my bed for at least one hour until my brain finally decided to sleep again. And of course I Had to wake up couple of hours later and was awfully tired when I had to go to work.

This night I woke up at the same time and now it is 6:35 and I'm not sleeping yet and I have moreover started my computer as you could guess. Perhaps I should just go out of bed now and try to start this day real early!

I'm not sure the reason for this is all that coffee I'm drinking everyday. I doubt that. In bed not able to sleep I started to think nonsense as usual.

I'm some kind of a strange creature as someone might expect. I started to think about last Saturday when I was in a bookstore and saw that girl who used to work at same place as I do couple of years ago. I always kind of liked her and I hoped she liked me as well. Once or twice I had perhaps some reason to believe she did like me as well but at other times she just ignored me. That was sad. Later I heard she thought I was gay and told every body who wanted to know I was. Then I hated her.

Perhaps she is just gay her self.

I'm not sure if she saw me in that bookstore. I don't care. She has seen me many times. I'm not sure if she has any more boyfriends last years as I have girlfriends. Perhaps I have more. I don't know. Perhaps I should have asked her for a cup of coffee (since it was the bookstore with the great café inside) but of course I didn't. If I had done that she would have refused or not. If not I would have been all clumsy and not know what to say to her.

I'm not sure if anyone understands me but this Charlie Brown here is somehow more like me than anything else.

How strange it is I still think about her for couple of days every time I see her. And I see her quite often walking up or down the main shopping street in Reykjavik. Sometimes she is drinking takeaway coffee as I do and usually she is not with anybody. I sometimes think she is also just as stupid as I am.

Well now I have to wake up after just one hour. Perhaps my brain wants to sleep that hour?

No comments: